Wishlist – newly UPDATED!
We are pleased to publish the interactive wishlist, below, in order to capture the wishes of the school community and utilise the limited school funds to fulfil the needs of the school.
We would very much like parents, teachers, and governors to contribute to the list. Thoughts and ideas of things that may be needed around the school, in the curriculum or with our resources would be welcomed. These can be small or high value items. It is intended that through publishing this list the whole community is unified in achieving the resource ambitions of the school.
So, if you have a great idea, we’d love to hear it. Complete this feedback form and we will review your ideas! (Part of this includes a maths question to reduce the amount of spam a page like this generates!)
To start a new idea, click ‘Push your idea’ below and register yourself as a user (in doing so you consent to the school having your contact details. In return you’ll hear when your idea is voted on, or has it’s status changed.)
To comment on an existing idea, click the idea itself. (During the update, legacy ideas appear to be nominated by the head teacher only – this was unavoidable, sorry! In addition, some older links will not work. Clicking the back button could be useful!)
To show your support for an idea already submitted, you can ‘Vote’ for it. Please understand, however, this is not ‘Strictly Come Dancing!
Finances are limited and the teachers and governors will make decisions in the light of whole-school priorities, selecting ideas which are believed to offer the most significant educational impact to the school (these may not be the same as those which appear most popular!)
Governors have agreed to review this list in their ‘Finance and Resources’ committee meeting on a termly basis.
- 4See an investment in school heatingSee an investment in school heating. At the opening of the new classroom it was stated that the next project was to raise funds for a new heating system due to the current one being close to regular m... Read more...
- 3Have advice on moneyHave advice on simple value of money, how to save & manage money in a fun way
- 2Forest SchoolMany of the local schools have “Forest School” as part of their curriculum. It is thoroughly enjoyed by all involved and enhances the pupil’s education and wellbeing as well as being an age-appropriat... Read more...
- 1Sun/Rain canopyThe playground has little shade in hot weather (or so my children tell me); likewise little shelter when it's drizzly. What about getting a retractable sun/rain awning? See Nationwide Home Innovations... Read more...
- 1ClubsIs it possible to pay someone a nominal amount to run after-school clubs? it's a shame that there aren't many available at the moment.
- 1Improve the PlaygroundThe play equipment looks in need of tlc and restoration with several broken or missing pieces. The parallel bars are notoriously popular: could there be a second pair of there? There is space for more... Read more...
- 1Den building area and more natural playground equipmentCan we make the school’s outdoor play areas more creative and imaginative? Class 1’s playground has lots of great resources, but the older children miss out. They still love water, sand, logs, planks,... Read more...
- 1Guitar LessonsIt would be great if we could retry getting some guitar lessons at school. I know they started pre-pandemic. Could be done as after school club if school time too busy?