As a Church of England School we are very happy to have a close and supportive relationship with the community of our local Parish Church, St. Martin’s.
Peter Marsh, Parish Minister, and a large proportion of the congregation there, support the school in ways too numerous to count, including;
- Leading the ever-popular Open The Book collective worship
- Hearing readers
- Supporting children and staff at difficult times
- Working with the parents to raise funds for both settings
- Running ‘Experience’ days for the children (Harvest, Christmas, Easter, Pentecost)
- Hosting our Harvest, Christmas and School Leaver’s Services
- As a VA Primary School, a large proportion of our governors are ‘Foundation’ governors appointed by the church
- Hosting visits and attending lessons as appropriate, to help children make progress in their understanding of Religious Education, Christianity and people of faith
- Financial support for special projects, such as ‘i-Sing-Pop’
We are truly grateful to have such support for the sake of the children and adults in our care.
You can find out more information here – http://northnibleychurch.uk/
A new vicar?
We asked the children what they wanted to see in the new Vicar at St. Martins. (Two members of staff were able to sneak ideas in too!)
We said, “Someone who…