At the present time our PTA – The Friends of North Nibley School (FONNS) use a Facebook page for many of their communications.
Messages can also be left at school, 01453 542600
Your FUNdraising committee have come up with another idea which could raise a lot of money for the school – AmazonSmile.
AmazonSmile is an alternative logging in ‘screen’ for your regular online shopping. Once a charity is nominated (FONNS!) 0.5% of your purchases will be directed to the school’s Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) to benefit the children. And you can ask your relatives, friends and neighbours to choose us too!
There are a few steps to go through. The link to the amazon smile web site is
Log in details should be exactly the same as the regular web site, both user name and password.
Under the “Your Account” menu there is an option to “Change your Charity”, although you should be prompted to select a charity the first time you log into amazon smile.
FONNS is actually called “North Nibley School Pta”. Select this as your chosen charity and FONNS will receive 0.5% of the value of each purchase excluding VAT and carriage.
On mobiles and tablets the amazon app will not work with amazon smile. Instead, please follow these instructions:
How to use AmazonSmile on your iphone / ios:
Although there is no AmazonSmile App, it’s easy to create a shortcut to your phone home screen and it will feel just like using the Amazon App.
1. If you have the Amazon App installed you should remove it. To do this, tap and hold the app icon until it starts jiggle. Tap the cross at the top left of the icon and confirm that you want to delete it.
2. You now need to go online via Safari (the iPhone internet browser) and go to smile.amazon.co.uk. Select North Nibley School Pta as your charity, if you haven’t already, and this will come up as your screen:
3. Now, tap the square shaped ‘share’ button on the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the ‘Add to Home Screen’ icon. You may need to swipe to the left to see this:
5. You will now have an AmazonSmile icon on your home screen which you can use in exactly the same way you used the Amazon App.
How to use AmazonSmile on your android phone/ device:
1. If you have the Amazon App installed you should remove it.
2. You now need to go online and go to smile.amazon.co.uk. Select North Nibley Pta as your charity and this will come up as your screen:
3. Now, you need to click the three dots in the top right corner and ‘Add to Home screen’
4. You will now have an AmazonSmile icon on your home screen which you can use in exactly the same way you used the Amazon App.