This page describes the work of the Leadership and Management Committee.
Terms of Reference:
- To ensure the Governing body is working strategically towards achieving the school’s vision
- To agree, by early in the autumn term, the programme of work for the Governing Body and its committees for the school year
- To draft and keep under review the staffing structure in consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance committee especially following a vacancy and at least annually in relation to the school improvement plan
- To review and develop staffing policies as required by the school’s Policy Review schedule
- To oversee the recruitment and appointment procedure for all staff
- To agree membership and procedures for staff appointment panels
- To keep under review staff work/life balance, working conditions and well-being, including the monitoring of absence.
- To oversee the process leading to staff changes
- To review and approve the county model staff Pay Policy and to be responsible for its administration and review, taking account of local and national developments
- To establish and review a Performance Management policy for all staff
- To monitor the performance management process
- To ensure the performance of all staff is reviewed annually in accordance with legislation.
- To ensure the performance review of the Head Teacher takes place
- To ensure an annual review of staff pay takes place
- To ensure any appeal against a decision on pay grading or pay awards takes place**
- To lead a process regarding new governor appointments
- To ensure that Governors have clear understanding of their role & responsibilities and the contribution they can make to both supporting and challenging the school, including an awareness of training opportunities
- To evaluate the use made of the schools INSET and training budget for staff and Governors
- To establish and keep under review arrangements for Governors’ visits to school
- To make recommendations to the Governing Body to establish exceptional working arrangements where particular circumstances arise
- To make recommendations on personnel related expenditure to the Finance Committee
- To ensure that statutory information is provided in an accurate and timely manner to parents and to the community (e.g. via website and other means)
- To ascertain the views and needs of parents and carers to inform the school development plan (e.g. via parent survey)
- To monitor school attendance
- To monitor the School Improvement Plan priorities in areas of Leadership and Management.
*The Headteacher Performance Review Group is formed from some members of this Committee and other governors who have received the appropriate training
** In the event of an appeal the Governing body will convene an appeals panel in accordance with the Pay Policy procedures.
WORK-FLOW / PLANNER
The scheduling of planned work may be seen in this planner from 2017-2018. Policies and other documents on (e.g.) 3-year programmes of review may differ.
|These terms of reference agreed||January 2018|
|Quorum||3, plus the Head Teacher|