This page is a work-in-progress and repository of school information related to the current coronavirus pandemic.
The SouthWest Directors of Public Health, UK Health Security Agency and the regional Schools Commissioner have revised their recommendations for all schools, and in the light of this our ‘bubbles’ will remain in force for all indoor activities from now until the end of term.
Whilst we try to prevent any increases in infection, we are reverting to separate entrances for infants (Classes 1 & 2) and the older classes.
Adults ‘dropping off’ are urged to ‘drop-and-go’ from 8:40 until 8:55, when all children should be in school.
Please limit the time you spend together before 8:40, avoid arriving too early.
OPEN FOR ALL PUPILS ON MONDAY 6th SEPTEMBER
- An important letter about a change to THIS SCHOOL YEAR’s Term Dates went home at the end of July. You can also find this change online – http://www.northnibley.gloucs.sch.uk/term-dates/
- We will continue with a ‘soft start’ in each class. Children may arrive from 8:40, directly into their classes, but MUST be in by 8:55, when registers are taken swiftly and school meal orders placed. Later than this causes us to re-do registers and re-send lunch orders (effectively doubling our work), so please respect this 8:55 arrival time. Please enter at the front door. (‘New’ Reception have their own instructions for their first days). Teachers may therefore be unavailable first thing.
- Another thing we are retaining is the regular use of hand sanitizers. We were SO impressed with last year’s attendance statistics, and believe that an increased focus on keeping clean has significantly reduced the number of sick days and lost learning time. 38 children achieved 100% attendance last year, when normally only 4 or 5 might be expected. Well done!
- All ‘restrictions’ linked to bubbles have been removed. There is no divided playground and no more staggered lunchtimes. We will all end the school day at 3:15 p.m.
- We are continuing with arriving at school in PE kit on PE days, as follows:
- Classes 1 & 2 – ‘Double’ PE on Thursdays
- Classes 3 – ‘Double’ PE on Fridays
- Classes 4 – ‘Double’ PE on both Weds & Fridays
- Cycling style shorts (tight around the leg) will no longer be acceptable for PE lessons. The exception to this is gymnastics lessons. For other PE lessons we require shorts that allow air to circulate.
- We will not be admitting parents or volunteers into the school buildings before October, when we will review ‘the covid numbers’. Exceptions include Swimming volunteers and invited parents for the Welcome assemblies (see above).
OUTBREAK MANAGEMENT PLAN AUTUMN 2021
We have a number of resources and plans to support learning at home.
This page collects together the most important links –
OUT OF DATE MATERIAL – I’LL EDIT IT WHEN I GET A MOMENT!
Covid-19 – Symptoms-and-testing – What To Do (version 2) September 17th 2020
ADJUSTMENTS TO SCHOOL POLICIES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The following document was re-ratified at the last Governor’s Meeting (January 2021) IS NO LONGER IN FORCE .